Monday, August 30, 2010

Good News on Several Fronts

     This past weekend, the Georgia Center for the Book had its celebration for its inaugural list of the "25 Books Every Young Reader in Georgia Should Read"--and my first book, Alexander the Great Rocks the World--was selected!
     What an honor! It seemed to me as if I were at a great party where I got to hang with a bunch of people I greatly admire and then--as a bonus--got the same pretty crystal award they did too (how did that happen?).
     Rubbing elbows with Deborah Wiles, James Dashner, Laurely Snyder, Elizabeth O. Dulemba and many other fine writers and illustrators (for the complete list, go here: http://tinyurl.com/2d366ccjust reinforced how much of a fangirl I am around other writers.
     I also spoke, for the first time, about my latest release, Cleopatra Rules! at the Suwanee Festival of Books. It was a lot of fun and my cardboard mummy mask only fell down a couple of times.  Plus, I got to sit next to Jackson Pearce (Sisters Red and As You Wish) at the signing table afterward and am still hoping I didn't embarrass myself too much around her (see above: fangirl issues).

   Next weekend, come see me at the Decatur Book Festival!


PS: Thanks, Stan Dulemba, for the photo!

6 comments:

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

There were a bunch of wonderful firsts at the Suwanee Festival! LOVED hearing you talk about CLEOPATRA RULES!!! :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations on making the list!

Gail said...

Woo Hoo! What a great list to be a part of!!! Congrats!

I hope to get over to the Book Festival this coming weekend :-)

Vicki leon said...

Boo hoo wish I could come! You are summa cum laude in MY book, Vic--and glad that others are recognizing the quality, too! Looking forward to more fireworks, including your debut on threepipeproblem blog..

Unknown said...

Well done Vicky! You deserve all the praise and recognition every good writer is due.

Love that photo! Seeing that pic and your flash-mob dancing escapades one can only conclude you must be extremely fun to be around!

Our Q & A will go up this week :)

H

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

Thanks friends! It's nice to feel so supported!